NEED - I need to stop this

Set boundaries with people.

Tell them:  I NEED .... to STOP this... NOW.

There can be many reasons why to stop.

Because it is unfair to me.

Because I now resent you for this.

Because this is hurting me.

Because this is wasting my time.

Because you are using me, over-using me, abusing me.

It could have started as an innocent favor.

And they got used to the special treatment.

There was no agreed upon contract.

Shall we do this 3 times or for 3 years?

Three times is easy to forgive.  Three years of unfairness has to end now!

It became a habit between you two.

Then it became an addiction.

One benefits more than the other and the relationship becomes imbalanced.

The one receiving the benefits has no inclination to stop. They may be addicted.

It is up to you to stop their behavior that is unfair to you. 


It could have started with someone giving advice to people.

It's a habit, a pattern, an addiction.

They can't stop giving advice.

They love telling people what they should do.

Just tell them - "I NEED you to STOP this NOW." 


Rather than fueling your mind with their intentions of dislike towards you and you getting defensive or aggressive about them.  Work on stopping a behavior, a situation.

Ch 3 - Words

HEAL, 2023feb27, Words, Need, stop, negotiate, boundaries, habits, addiction, bully